Social

Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday Evening Jaunt

WP_20131223_003

We took yesterday off.  My knees were less than happy and it was wiser to give them a day of rest than trying to force the issue and be incapacitated for several days instead.  Sorry for the blurry, pink tinged photo tonight I walked both dogs for the first time in probably three plus years.

Sangria, out pure-breed Labrador/Golden Retriever mix.  She has been difficult to walk since she was a puppy.  to this day, she won’t pee anywhere besides home and her grandparents house.  Saturday afternoon, she walked beautifully for my husband and since he is down with a migraine I decided to take her tonight with Wally and I.

While she didn’t water every bush like Wally, she was easy to walk.   Unlike Wally she is a short lead walker.  If she gets ahead of me by more than three feet she’s running back.  Hopefully this behavior  improvement continues, because I enjoy walking both of them together.

I had forgotten how much I like walking in the evening.  It is cooler and calmer.  I ordered reflector attachments for each of their head collars so that it will be safer for all involved.  Of course, it means my camera is going to have to come out of the pink case it sits in normally because as you can tell from the picture above, the pink reflects when the flash is used.  Small price to pay however for walking without the sun beating down on you.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment