Social

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

About Us

WP_20121215_10_37_12_SmartShoot

Howdy, my name is Wallaby and long ago I was a rescue puppy from Cottonwood, AZ.  I’ve lived in New England and Virginia but about seven years ago, we returned to Arizona.  Along the way, Mom met Dad and they fell in love and got married.  While it was nice for them, somehow that meant that Mom and I stopped going for long walks together.  Ok, it was kind of cool that eventually they adopted my bratty sister , Sangria, (who you can see above spoiling my great action shot while off roading last year).  I love walking, especially long romps through snowy fields in what Mom calls the “bitter cold of February winds”.  I also loving walking here in Arizona but it has to be the right time of day, timing here is much more important because burnt pads are painful and no fun.

This week, Mom and I have started walking regularly again and I suggested she blog about it daily, that way if she bails on me she might feel bad about it.  I love alone time with Mom and between her creaky knees and my aging hips, walking will do us both a world of good.  Plus, she could stand to lose some weight and I need to inspect the neighborhood.  Sangria hates going for walks.  She doesn’t get to accompany me and Mom, which is just fine with me!

Thanks Wally for the introduction.  I hope to post every day, I will make an honest effort to do so.  I can’t promise on major holidays like Christmas or Valentine’s to be prompt with said postings but they should always be up the next day.  I hope you will join Wally and I as we spend the next year on a photo blog around the neighborhood as he strengthens his hips, my arthritic knees get less cranky, and  backlog of audio books diminishes greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment